The LP DAAC is pleased to announce updates to the Science Scalable Scripts-based Science for Missions (S4PM) Version 3.4 Product Generation Executables (PGE) for generating ASTER Level 2 on-demand products. The updates to the S4PM processing system include the following:
- The default for the Ozone input data has been set to OZ_DLY/TOVS.
- The Level 2 algorithm has been updated to provide a fall back option for the Temperature/Water Vapor/Pressure and Ozone input selections. The selection will automatically revert to the next lower input if the selected input is not available.
- The Ozone input will fall back from OZ_DLY/TOVS > TOAST/EPTOMS > Climatology
- Users can now check the metadata files of their AST_05 and AST_08 output product files to see if a fall back has occurred and identify which input source was used to generate their Level 2 product files.
- The OPERATIONALQUALITYFLAGEXPLANATION field in the metadata file will indicate if a fall back has occurred and which value was used.
Below is a list of ASTER Level 2 products that are available for on-demand processing:
- ASTER L2 Surface Emissivity (AST_05)
- ASTER L2 Surface Reflectance VNIR and SWIR (AST_07)
- ASTER L2 Surface Reflectance SWIR Crosstalk-Corrected (AST_07XT)
- ASTER L2 Surface Kinetic Temperature (AST_08)
- ASTER L2 Surface Radiance VNIR and SWIR (AST_09)
- ASTER L2 Surface Radiance SWIR Crosstalk-Corrected (AST_09XT)
- ASTER L2 Surface Radiance TIR (AST_09T)
ASTER Level 2 products can be ordered through NASA’s Earthdata Search.
Have questions? Contact LP DAAC User Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.