Version 2.16 of the Application for Extracting and Exploring Analysis Ready Samples (AρρEEARS) has been released. This release includes the following:
- The availability of new versions for five Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP) products from the National Snow and Ice Data Center Distributed Active Archive Center (NSIDC DAAC):
- SMAP L3 Radiometer Global and Northern Hemisphere Daily 36 km EASE-Grid Freeze/Thaw State, Version 2 (SPL3FTP.002)
- SMAP L3 Radiometer Global Daily 36 km EASE-Grid Soil Moisture, Version 5 (SPL3SMP.005)
- SMAP Enhanced L3 Radiometer Global Daily 9 km EASE-Grid Soil Moisture, Version 2 (SPL3SMP_E.002)
- SMAP L4 Global Daily 9 km EASE-Grid Carbon Net Ecosystem Exchange, Version 4 (SPL4CMDL.004)
- SMAP L4 Global 3-hourly 9 km EASE-Grid Surface and Root Zone Soil Moisture Geophysical Data, Version 4 (SPL4SMGP.004)
- The SMAP product versions listed above have replaced the previous versions of those products in AρρEEARS.
AρρEEARS offers a simple and efficient way to perform data access and transformation processes by enabling users to download only the data they need. AρρEEARS provides access to a wide range of environmental variables derived from sources such as MODIS onboard the Terra and Aqua satellites, the Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP) mission, as well as population information from the Gridded Population of the World (GPW) Version 4 collection.
A complete listing of data products available in AρρEEARS can be found here. Additional resources for using AρρEEARS are available on the LP DAAC E-Learning page.
Have questions? Contact LP DAAC User Services at email@example.com.